Scottish Borders Council is currently preparing a new Local Development Plan (Local Development Plan 2) to replace the current LDP to guide future development within the Scottish Borders for the period 2021-2026. SBC is at the very early stages of this process and is gathering evidence to produce the first document called the ‘Main Issues Report’, which will focus on the key areas of change from the current LDP and will present a range of options for future development. A Call for Sites as part of the preparation of the MIR invited land owners, developers and agents to submit proposed development sites for consideration. The period for submitting site proposals expired on 7 August 2017.
SBC is now holding a series of drop-in and workshop sessions for those people interested in the future development of the Scottish Borders to feed into the MIR process. The council is proposing to hold drop-in and workshop sessions on the dates below (drop-in sessions will run from 2pm-5pm and workshop sessions from 6pm):
- Thursday 21 September: Community Centre, Eyemouth
- Tuesday 26 September: Town Hall, Kelso
- Wednesday 27 September: Tesco Foyer, Galashiels (drop-in session) and Transport Interchange, Galashiels (workshop session)
- Thursday 28 September: Burgh Hall, Peebles
- Tuesday 3 October: Heritage Hub, Hawick
- Thursday 5 October: Council Chamber, Duns
- Tuesday 10 October: Pop-up Shop, 1 Tower Street, Selkirk (drop-in session) and Community Connections, Back Row, Selkirk (workshop session)
- Thursday 12 October: Council Chamber, Newtown St. Boswells (workshop session only, 2pm-4pm)
The workshop sessions will accommodate up to 30 participants and will last about 2 hours. Anyone wishing to attend, should let the council’s Forward Planning Team know either by email: email@example.com or by letter to: Forward Planning Team, Scottish Borders Council, Newtown St. Boswells, Melrose, TD6 0SA
If you want to make your views known on the future priorities for development in the Scottish Borders, here is your chance to get involved.